Here we have a funny one, I bought this as a non runner for £13.00 just so I could have a look at it as I do plan to sell on. It was not working but photos showed it to be in good condition. When it arrived I opened up the battery hatch and saw no corrosion so tried a battery to be sure. It didn’t work…
Reading the print on the case back clearly this watch required two batteries, one for the watch and one for the radio!
I removed the caseback to find the “hidden” battery. there was some corrosion but nothing that worried me so I cleaned it all off with a fibre pen and alcohol and installed the correct battery before closing the back on it once again.
I was able to test the radio when I found some old mono earphones. It was actually pretty good and I got good reception to a few AM channels.
I have since sold this watch as it was just a bit of fun to fix.